Monday, March 27, 2017

LuRay Pastels Dinnerware, Hidden Treasures at a Thrift Shop

I did it! I finally found some LuRay at a thrift shop.


It had been a really, really, really long time since I had come across any... and I've been collecting LuRay for even longer. You can read some of my other posts that I've written about this pastel, mood lifting dinnerware, here, here, or here.

Either there isn't much of it left or folks are hoarding it!

Not sure.... but I was soooo thrilled to see it on the shelf. 

I wasn't even at this particular Goodwill to shop for myself. Bebe had a school event for for literature class: Hans Brinker Day. The kids were encouraged to dress up, so there we were scouring for a Dutch costume in the skirt aisle. After we had narrowed it down to just one skirt that she liked I said "Quick... Mommy is just going to go look in the back!"

All I heard were  groans in protest - BUT YOU ALL KNOW I JUST HAD TO!

And I'm so glad I did.


I think it was round two in the "pink" aisle, you know.... how Goodwill organizes by color... when I saw a small stack of three Sharon Pink LuRay dishes.  A small platter, a berry bowl, and a coupe soup.

It was like I had won at BINGO!

So up to the register we went. I was checking out and watching the girl wrap the LuRay when all of a sudden it hit me (I'm slow to think these days) THEY ORGANIZE BY COLOR!!!!!! There must be more in the other color sections!

So back we went, on a scavenger hunt, with of course, more protests! Bebe started enjoying it a little, I think...now that we were on a mission. It was great having someone else there with me who knew what it looked like!


I was right, of course.  They had separated the LuRay (for shame) and we had to dig through the green, yellow and blue areas.

I found two bakers, one in green and one in blue. Unfortunately they were both chipped. The chips looked really fresh, too. Rats.


But I did get another coupe soup in yellow and one in blue. Success! I spent 19.00 on the five pieces, which I thought was pricey, but I was just happy to have found my favorite vintage dinnerware.

What a perfect time of year to find some LuRay Pastels - SPRING!

What have you found lately? I'd love to hear about it!

Come join me and link up on my other blog for Let's Talk Vintage this week!

You can also join in and link your vintage blog posts every Tuesday at 9 am Eastern!

Also linking with:
Vintage Charm


8 comments:

Sandi Magle said...

I had picked up a few pieces to sell in my (old) shop maybe 12 years ago. And those pieces flew out of there immediately. And I haven't seen any anywhere (except at pricey antique stores) since. But, I always, look, lol. Congrats---maybe you got the last of it, LOL. Sandi

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Those are very pretty dishes. My Goodwill doesn't do whole aisles by color, just the endcaps. I am not sure I would know that brand if I saw it, but I am sure going to look next time I am there. Our Goodwill is bare, bare and bare! Somebody needs to do some Spring cleaning around here and donate! Me included:-)

Debra said...

That was certainly a successful shopping trip. Lovely pieces.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Thanks so much!!! I will keep searching, you just never know! Thanks for the visit!

Lauren at Wonderfully Made said...

These are so pretty! Too funny about your "hunt". That would be me -- but I would wait in a mile long line, get to check out and THEN realize I need to go back! My latest find was a long searched for Sadler gold and white teapot. I was in GW looking for something totally unrelated and there on a shelf was the teapot. I almost screamed! I couldn't believe my eyes. And best of all--it's in perfect condition. In fact, it looks like it was never even used! The price....5.98! Score!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and comment!! I love Lu ray!! I only have 2 pieces of the yellow..
Hugs,
Deb

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

I look and look for LuRay Patels but never find it. Thank you for sharing your wonderful find at Vintage Charm. I am featuring you tomorrow at the Vintage Charm party.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Thanks so much, Sharon!!!!