Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Let's Talk Vintage #66: It's All About the Features!




Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage! Each week I create another opportunity for vintage minded folks to gather together.

We share posts about our latest finds, projects we've been working on, our favorite collections and more! If this sounds like great fun... then we'd love to have you join in!

If you just like to check it all out, we're happy you're here!

This week I am focusing more on .... YOU! Today is going to be all about featuring the bloggers, their posts, and even things we sell. (I may even throw in a little something, too!)

Let's get started, shall we?
I'm kicking today off with...


Cecilia of My Thrift Store Addiction shared some of her favorite finds through the years.
Just look at this gorgeous sofa she named "Rosie."
Beautiful find in great condition.


And along the same vein, Diana of
Adirondack Girl at Heart also posted
about her favorite finds of the year.
I just love this oil painting. Diana loved
it too because it is hanging in her office!


and Sarah of Sadie Seasongoods turned
a small shelf into a tablet stand.
Her ideas continue to astound me!

I have not yet posted a crafty
creation so I am in awe of her
thought process!


and Brocante Treasures shared
some of her enamel lovelies from
France in a beautifully styled
garden party photo shoot.
Love the pink and blue...


and the Pyrex Thrifter Sisters
are back! Love their blog
and all of the retro stuff they
find...always fun!

Denise of Second Time Around Finds
shared some of her Scottish delights
like the compact, above.
I of course, had to feature her,
with my red hair you know I had to have 
Scottish ancestry in my background.


And Penny's Vintage Home took us
along on an antiquing trip. Since I
haven't been out on one of those
in awhile, I enjoyed seeing photos
of the antique booths she saw
along the way. Thanks, Penny!
pict


and Jann of Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
shared how she tweaked her mantle
to turn it from Christmas to Winter.

Her displays are always unique! 
Love the birch snowflake ...
it fits perfectly here.


and Martha of Martha's favorites
has a wonderful tea party link up,
each week. I love how she adds
a bit of pizazz to each teacup photo!


And speaking of pizazz, these pink roses
in Bernideen's tea corner are real stunners!
Love her bright and cheery spot.


and Pat of
French Country Style from the Foot of the Rockies
shared her dream of owning a
pretty little cabin in the mountains.
Her photos show how awesome and
majestic the Rockies are.



Debby of Debby Goes Shabby
shared how she turned old
bottles into a glamourous
centerpieces!



Debbie of a Debbie Dabble Christmas
shared her vintage dollhouse, famously
dubbed "Nelson Crest," all decked
out for the holidays! Amazing!
And this is just the upstairs...


Joy of a Vintage Green shared
some of her latest finds...
who wouldn't love to have
this cool tool chest?

I'm sharing one of my favorite 3-D
antique Valentine cards...
from my BellaRosaAntiques.com shop.
Can't believe it hasn't sold!
Love these and may use this one and
others, to decorate my upcoming mantel.


Distressed Donna shared some of the
goodies in her Etsy shop. These cool
whatnot shelves are just some of them!



Sam of Raggedy Bits made her
own test tube flower vase "tinker."
Clever and I love the new word,
which I've never heard used this way before!



And while we are on the subject of
ephemera, Michelle's Romantic Tangle
featured some postcards with babies...
Love this antique stork postcard
which begins with "A little girl drifted
into our home." A precious capture
of a time gone by!

Janice of Curtains in my Tree ,
shared these ADORABLE little mice
 she received from her Grandson.
How sweet is that?
I like how she placed them around
a vintage silver tray.



 Joyce of Quilted Nest shared
her wintery Valentine Mantel.
Her love for vintage is always
showcased with clever displays!


Ann Marie of Musings of a Vintage
Junkie shared some of her latest
finds... this portion scale has a
great industrial look!


Anne's Attic design gave new life
to an old bathroom cabinet.
This is the before. She used
my favorite color for the after!
Pink!


and Vanessa's Modern Vintage Home
transformed a Goodwill clock
and a side table into this whitewashed
 wall centerpiece! Great job!


and Deenie's Stash shared a quick
and simple lamp shade makeover.
What a difference!




and Meg of My Vintage Life shared some
of her post Christmas goodies
and things she made. . .
but I couldn't take my eyes off
of the gorgeous roses from her
garden and the beautiful way 
she displayed them!
STUNNING.


If you were featured, feel free
to copy and paste this
LTV Feature button for your
side bar or latest post.
_________________

Thanks so much for linking up each week...
it brightens my day and I hope it brightens
yours as well. Keep on being an
inspiration each week!
 

Now it's your turn:

21 comments:

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Hi Jillian - such super cute features this week. Lots of good inspiration for these dreary January days. Thanks so much for hosting. Wishing a wonderful week. Jane

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Jillian, thanks for hosting. I've missed you at Vintage Charm and would love to have you come back. Sharon

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Thanks so much for the feature Jillian!

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

So many great features this week....I'm honored to be among them! hugs..

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Two featured blogs with tartan in them today - fab!
Liz

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Jillian, thank you for featuring my old tool box. Thank you too for Lets Talk Vintage 66. Happy 2016 New Year.
Joy

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jillian! Lots of features today, how fun! Thanks so much for hosting and have a wonderful week.
Gina

Debby Goes Shabby said...

Jill

Thanks for the feature and hosting your party each week!

Debby
Debby Goes Shabby

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Jillian thank you for featuring my Scottish post.
Have a wonderful day.
Denise

Victorian1885 said...

Helo Jillian
Thank you for sharing all of these lovely post...I am off to check out the Blogs. Have a wonderful week.

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi Jillian ~ thanks so much for featuring Rosie! Love your party!

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Oh wow - you featured about everyone! thank you!!! Love that winter mantel - gotta head to her blog to check it out :) (and feature button to be on my blog )

Donna Wilkes said...

I love reviewing the vintage items in the feature section. Thanks for including my whatnots!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Jillian, I love how you spotlighted so many of us that love linking up with you. There were only two gals that I am not familiar with. I need to hop over and say, 'hi'. Appreciate what you do each week!
hugs,
Jann

Deanies Stash said...

Jillian, how sweet of you to feature each one of us! I enjoyed looking at each of them! Thank you!

xo Dianne

Unknown said...

thank you so much for the feature! I am so honored :-)

Rita C at Panoply said...

What an awesome, awesome thing to do in highlighting all these bloggers and their vintage goodness, Jill! I have been checking off my winter to-do list of mundane things and not posting about much else, but yesterday got back into the swing of things with my sister at the antique mall. I will be back to the party as soon as I assemble a related post or two, but thanks so much for this. I follow many of these gals, but see a few more posts that may be intros to some new friends. Thanks for being the wingwoman and being our host!
Rita C at Panoply

Anne's Attic - Design said...

You were so sweet to feature so many great links! Thank you for hosting a wonderful party. xx Jo

Diana said...

Thanks for the feature, Jill, and for hosting!

Heidi | Mysweetcottage.com said...

Jillian, thanks so much for hosting another wonderful party. Lots of unique inspiration here.

Sam - Raggedy Bits said...

Thank you so much for hosting! What an amazing collection of features. I have really enjoyed taking a peek at them all and thank you for including my Test Tube Vase Tinker! :-)
Hope you have a wonderful week!