Friday, January 29, 2016

Vintage Finds of the Week: Attic Discoveries

As I head into the weekend and the temps are rising, I'm
diving head first into things that were hidden in storage.
 
 
Yep, digging through my attic boxes again.
And why not... because lo and behold
 I came across some great stuff:

 
After doing some research I think
this is an antique Armand
If nothing else, the bisque
head is genuine.
She actually has four bisque teeth
and possibly a wig made of human hair.
 
Guessing she is worth 50 - 75 dollars.
I'm not a doll person so this is
a shot in the dark for me!

 
I showed this folding, antique child's table several months ago. It was placed in storage due to the Christmas rush.

It is back out now and I'm hoping to get 65 - 85.00
because of it's unique folding quality and the age.

 
Like I've mentioned before, I have a penchant
for old books. I grabbed this edition of Heidi
out of storage because my Bebe is reading 
 this book with her (2nd Grade) class.
 
It's funny how some things
motivate me to sell! I did think
about keeping it for her but
I have another copy somewhere.
(In my many boxes of books!)
 
Probably worth between
8.00 and 12.00
 
 

 
Last spring the hubs brought this home.
He grew up helping with the family dairy
farm so he was excited to find a milking stool.
I love the star cut out pattern at the base.

I think it is something Joanna Gaines might
use on the show "Fixer Upper!"
Farmhouse style is popular...
I'm hoping to get 35.00 - 55.00.
 

 
We found this pair of French opera glasses
 at an estate sale last summer.
 
They have wonderful old patina.
 
I could expect to get 25.00
 to 35.00 for them. They are
not all that uncommon so
we shall see!


 
This vintage whisk doll is something
I've always admired but never had.
 
She is so sweet and feminine.
 
These were all over the board
as far as pricing online.
 
I'm hoping to get 20.00 - 35.00.
 
I love these old sets of petite
an early type of encyclopedia.
 
There are ten of them.
They run about 3.00 a
book in some antique malls
so I'm listing mine at 30.00.
 
Now that I am looking at
them, what a great set to
use to decorate the mantel
for Christmas or Valentine's Day!

 
Last summer I found a bunch of
spools... I discovered one large
piece is marked "Made in England" 
(Not pictured)
which I thought was interesting.
I'm guessing they are worth between
29.00 and 39.00 for this group.
 
*****
 
Thanks so much for checking out
my latest finds...
 
Enjoy your weekend,
I'll be back for
"Let's Talk Vintage!"
... my Tuesday link party.
Come join us!
__________________________
 
Linking with:
 
 

7 comments:

Miss Kathy said...

Hi Jill!

Had some leisure seconds to pop over from linking up at Pink Saturday. Miss you! Been buried under a lot of writing deadlines and far too many learning curves with some of the new digital tools and marketing things I'm needing to master. BUT--I did realize by the end of the year I need to balance my screen and brain frying time with my art and handiworks. Restarted my Etsy to the purpose and am making fingerless gloves. Mostly because I wear them all winter, but I've enjoyed making them so much I can't stop! It's my evening chill out. Trying to stay away from the antique shops--too much to drool over and Ed wants me to clean out some stuff. But, teacups and books will always be on the "bring it home" list. You have some great finds here--I have the books (surprised?) and a nice pair of opera glasses (which I can't remember where I put them), but that sweet doll would be nice to add to my collection--were there room. Gah!

Bebe in 2nd grade??? We need a visit to catch up.

Joy to you! Love to all!
Kathy

Christina Paul said...

What wonderful finds!
Heidi was one of my favorite books growing up!
My mother just gave me a pair of Paris opera glasses from her many boxes of "treasures" and I didn't know much about them so did a google search- there are a lot floating around - but they are fun as a conversation piece :)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Great finds indeed! I'm pretty sure our "attic" has nothing like that in it -- I love that milking stool (never would have known that's what it is). A real find as everyone is into the 'industrial' look now.

Marsha said...

Wow! You had some great finds to share with us. I remember going to a dairy farm a lot when I was growing up (family friends). I'm trying to remember if they had left-over milking stools...I think that they had gone to electric milkers by the time I made my visits, but can say for sure. You brought back a happy memory for me!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jill, what wonderful attic discoveries! Love the opera glasses, the doll and that child's table!
Happy Sunday to you!
Gina

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

What wonderful attic discoveries. Love the opera glasses and the spools. Thank you so much for sharing at Vintage Charm and hope to see you back this week. tweeted and Pinned.

Melissa said...

What a lovely grouping of items! I love the folding table. I tried to buy one at an auction a couple of weeks ago. They said it was a sewing table? Also love the spools. I bought about 100 this past summer that came from an old local sewing factory.