Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Let's Talk Vintage! #68: Huntin' Down Vintage

 
Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!
 
 
Before I begin, let me just say we were
blasted by this gigantic snow storm!
27 1/2" in about one day!
 (That is a bird bath, way down in the middle of the photo)
 
Crazy! Needless to say school is
still closed and I am not getting much
done... but we do have some fun
memories and great photos!
 
Anyway, now back to the regularly
scheduled program! (They don't
say that on TV anymore! This
totally dates me to the old days.)
 
 
Today I'm sharing some of the things I saw
on my vintage hunt with fellow friend and
blogger, Joyce, of A Quilted Nest.
 

 
We hit some thrift shops and a semi-new 
antique mall, which is about five
minutes away from my house!
 
While the "secret shop around the corner"
has since closed, it is nice to know
 a new place has opened up where
 I can find some vintage treasures.

There were plenty of things
to take photos of!

My favorite find and buy of the
day was this LuRay dinner
plate in surf green.
 
 
It has some surface marks from use
but for this size of a plate (10") I was
thrilled with .50! I'm going to add
it to my collection but I'm going to
have to sell a few pieces soon
because I've run out of room
in my kitchen cabinets!

You can see my LuRay collection here.
 
 
While I was there I decided to
get these Pebbleford plates too!
They were made by the same company
that created the LuRay line:
Taylor, Smith, and Taylor out
of West Virginia.
 
 
After taking a tour of the Wheaton
Museum of American Glass
in my home state,
a few years ago, I fell in love
with these glass paper weights.
I'm not exactly sure who made

this one, but I decided that .99
was a great price! They also make
great bookends for smaller books!
 
_________________________
 
Here are this week's features:
 
 
Pat of French Country at the Foot of 
the Rockies shared her chippy farm
house table and how it was
"Love at first sight!"


 
 
And.... newcomer Elisha of
Sufficient Grace shared her
vintage hunting trip and this
 gorgeous cabinet that used
to be her Grandparent's.
Let's give her a big LTV welcome!
 
 
Rita of Panopoly shared her 
booth makeover for 2016.
It was difficult to find just
one photo of the re-do
but I finally went with her
"shabby chic" section.
So pretty!


and Tuula of Thrifty Rebel
Vintage shared her latest
finds... and if you follow
along with my blog you
will know why I chose
her antique books to highlight.
(Because I love 'em and have a
big collection of them, too!)

****
 
Thank you so much to all
who joined in last week!
 
I just love seeing what you
come up with. I'm happy
to have a place where we
can all come together and
be inspired by vintage.
 
It really works out well for
me! I host while many of
you come up with these
brilliant ideas! LOL.
 
Now, if you would like...
 
 
... if you were featured today or
during another weekly LTV post,
feel free to grab this graphic
to place in your post or
 on your blog side bar!
 
Now its your turn:
 


16 comments:

My thrift store addiction said...

Thanks for the party, Jillian. Lovely features--Rita's shop is always looks so charming!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jill, wow you did get the snow! Glad you are all safe and warm though.
Fun features and thanks for the party! Happy Tuesday!
Gina

Sandi Magle said...

Luray is so cool Jillian, I pick up pieces for a friend..but they are getting harder to find, reasonable. The paperweight is gorgeous and your features are so interesting this week. Thanks for hosting this great party--and have snowfun...grins, Sandi

Pat @ bringingfrenchcountryhome said...

Hi Jillian, thanks so much for featuring my chippy red table. You made my day! Hope you are staying safe and warm.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you Jillian for Lets Talk Vintage 68. Love visiting, love joining in. Have a good week.
Joy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jill, thank you so much for the feature. It's a pleasure to be among such storied treasures! You are appreciated for hosting this platform so we can all share our 'stuff'!
Rita C at Panoply

Diana said...

What fun to spend the day with a fellow blogger. I'd love to have someone like that nearby :) Thanks for throwing the party, Jill!

Sam - Raggedy Bits said...

Looks like you guys found a lot of really cool goodies on your adventure together! Thank you so much for hosting and hope you have a fabulous week :-)

Sufficient Grace said...

Thanks so much for the feature Jillian! It's greatly appreciated and thanks for the warm welcome here :)

Curtains in My Tree said...


LuRay is on the hunt now by several ladies including my youngest daughter I found her a pink serving bowl for 50 cents at a junk store

It's fun to see what others are finding on their hunts

Donna Wilkes said...

I have the thrill of the hunt each week looking at everyone's treasures! Thanks for hosting.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love that LuRay plate! I picked up four teacups and saucers while we vacationed in New England. That's all I own. Can't wait to pull them out for Spring. Love those soft pastels. Thanks for the pary Jillian.
hugs,
Jann

Deanies Stash said...

Thanks for hosting Jillian. We just have rain and no snow.

xo Dianne

DMM Jhon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marsha said...

Thank you, for the party, Jillian. I wish we had gotten some snow here in central Alabama....thanks for sharing your snow with us. I love that surf green plate--one of my favorite colors! Stay warm! Happy Thursday!