Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Stel-laaaaaaaaaa!

Stella. The big, scary, blizzard of the year, is happening in March. We were SO CLOSE to having Spring. SO close! I have been hearing the Spring birdies chirping though.

 
This is the view from my office window.
My shop is normally closed on  Tuesday's
so I don't have to worry about opening up today!
 
 
 
over on my other page for Vintage & Co. I'm
looking for new recruits... I'd like to build the
party up a bit... it is hard because I am running
so many things!
 
 
This is the sofa table I worked on.
It had the original furniture store label
stapled underneath. It came from a store
that is now a thrift shop! Oh the irony!
Anyway, it was marked 1989.
 
 
 
Not too old but old enough to be updated.
I chalk painted it white and gave it the
stress treatment. LOL. 
 

 
 
In the picture it
looks like I painted the center taupe but that
is a burlap runner. I love the stone wall at the
shop... makes everything look that much better!
 
What do you have going on this week? Are you
snowed in like we are?
 
Next post I'll share a couple of finds from
last weekend... we went to an annual
 church sale, right down the road
from where we live.
 
Stay warm! Think Spring!
 
 
 
Linking with:
Let's Talk Vintage!
  
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

I love your stone wall too. great looking table

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

UGH! The snow hit us hard here and we are on our second day of everything being closed. Even my doctors appointment to get the bandages off my hand from surgery was canceled. My only distraction is pecking on the computer with a few fingers! I love your table and yes, the stone wall is a huge asset for your pretty shop.

Victoria said...

The table looks fabulous! I'm so glad your shop's doing well:) You have such a wonderful eye for treasures. Sending you some warm Florida sun, although we are having a "cold snap" today! Stay warm!

Rue said...

Hi Jillian :)

I'm so glad you survived Stella. I heard it was a nasty storm. I hate to tell you this, but it's 70 here today and the sun is shining. Winter isn't over until May though, so I'll be getting more of it after this little heat wave. We always get snow for Easter.

That table is adorable :)

xo,
rue