Thursday, May 21, 2015

Vintage Finds of the Week #7: And a Few Good Deals!

Another week flew by ... which brings me to another "Vintage Finds of the Week!"



Lots of neat treasures but I am behind in my picture taking so this is going to be a short version this week!
 
First we have an antique book from 1900 .... The Cradle of the Republic.... a book about Jamestown and the James River. Fascinating! Early history of America right there. I found them listed on Abe.com for 100.00.... and new versions for 50 to 60 dollars. I'm thrilled to have found it...
and would love to read more about it before it sells.
 
Then we have the cobalt butter pats in the next photo. Be still my heart! Four of them in good condition. At a price so good I almost said "NO WAY!" but we had spent a bit of time and money at this dealer's sale so I think he was happy.
 
Then, what I believe is a Russian hymnal, but printed in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Guessing it was for mass or church services, I hope. (Good grief, who knows what it reads... it is printed in Russian! I tried an online translator, to no avail.)
 
And my favorite.... the celluloid covered glove box. Which I just realized I mentioned in my last post.
 
 Then for my Antique Retroactive shop on Etsy I found these:


Anyone ever play Mah Jong before?  It looks really complicated but I've heard if you get the hang of it...it can be quite addictive.



While we were at the Jersey shore last weekend I happened to find this little charmer. An ice bucket... with "France" embossed on the bottom. I'm guessing it is made by Arcoroc. Really, really wanted to keep it for the lake house.
I just might still!

I've listed most of these in my Etsy shops:

The Jamestown book has already been listed here
The cobalt butter pats are here
The ice bucket is here
The Mah Jong game is here
And the Russian hymnal is here.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read about my latest finds...

I'd love to hear about your exciting finds as well.
Drop me a line!


Enjoy the day!

Linking to:
My Salvaged Treasures Vintage Inspiration Party
Ivy and Elephants What's It Wednesday

5 comments:

Donna Wilkes said...

The blue butter pats are beautiful - love that cobalt blue! The glove box was my favorite at the party and it is still my favorite!

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Those cobalt blue butter pats are so beautiful!

Unknown said...

"Bella Rosa Antiques" has been included in our A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that we hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/05/a-sunday-drive_24.html

Linda said...

Beautiful!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

More great finds! Don't know how you are able to part with them lol. Love that glove box!!