Friday, May 15, 2015

Pink Peony Perfection

A Mother's Day treat ... look at this beautiful, gorgeous, amazing pink peony.

I'm not really sure what variety it is... but it is the biggest bloom I've ever seen.


I love pink peonies. We used to have them at our last house. I'd always make a bouquet of them and place them on the porch.

One of our favorite things to do was to sit on the porch in rocking chairs (And I was still in my 30's then,) light candles in the evening, and have wine with a cheese and fruit tray.

We can't grow peonies here because we live in the woods. There's just not enough sunlight. Well, I thinke we have some growing but it has never flowered.

The Hubs was visiting the neighbors and noticed the beautiful blooms. They gave him one to take home because he remembered how much I like them!

Sweeeeeeeeeet!
 
 
Taking a closer look, look how delicate
the petals are. We know, from experience,
 that the feel of them is soft and silky.
 
I am reminded again, how beautiful flowers are.
How man cannot make something this amazing.
It comes from a tiny seed! If I really think
about it, which I do, it blows my mind!
 
God is good. Really good. Can't even describe how good. In awe, every time.
 
Pink. Peony. Perfection.

Linking to:
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound
 
 
Today is our anniversary! 11 Years together!


6 comments:

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

That is one gorgeous pink peony! I can't wait for ours to start blooming. I love to bring them into the house. They just smell heavenly.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

We don't grow peonies either, but they are so amazing like you say. Such a happy time of year! And what a sweet hubby!

LV said...

That pink one really is a beauty. I have a plant and only one bloom this year and it was white.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Happy Anniversary! What a gorgeous pink flower. Still waiting for my peonies to bloom!

Tea in the Library said...

Gorgeous flower, and gorgeous bride! Congrats on the anniversary. HPS!

Ann said...

I have 4 peony bushes blooming right now, the scent is just heavenly.
Happy Anniversary.
Ann