Friday, November 22, 2013

A Little Pink Christmas

Two things I'd like to share with you today...
 
My vintage pink and pastel Christmas favorites.
 
Not for my shop, but from my own personal collection.

 
See the felt sleigh filled with gifts
and the pink bell?
I made them when I was a little girl.
 
I'm surprised how well they
have stood the test of time.
 

 
The pink wire bell I wrote about
in a previous post. I tried to sell
it, I really did.
(Okay, not really! I rarely
keep too many things for
myself but so far, the bell
is a keeper!)
 
The pink santa I do not believe
to be old but since he
fits so well into my Christmas
décor, he is a great match!
 
I found him in the antique
mall where I have a booth.
 
I actually think the pink
bell was found there a couple
of years ago, too.

 
Here are my vintage bead
icicle ornaments that I
made recently. I was so excited
about them and brought them
to a vendor's sale last night.
 
Not one of them sold!
 
I think I give up in the
crafty market place.
 
It's just not my thing.

 
 
It was fun though seeing all of the other
Mom's selling their wares. It was a neat idea...
a sale for the holiday gift shopping crowd.
Get all of the Moms in the MOPS group to sell
their stuff. I didn't realize how many others
sold hand crafted items or were
 consultants for other companies.
 
 I was up against names like Avon,
Tupperware, Tastefully Simple,
31 bags, Lia Sophia jewelry, etc.
 
It's a miracle I sold anything at all!
 
Linking with Pink Saturday....
 
Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

betty-NZ said...

I think there should be a lot more pink for Christmas decorations. Yours are lovely!

LV said...

Things from the past personally made are the treasures of life.

The Old Parsonage said...

I would be hard pressed to give up anything Christmas related. Mr Op says that it always looks like Christmas threw up all over our house when I decorate. Not a thing doesn't get some bit of Christmas magic:)

Unknown said...

Jillian, I have another blog friend (Shara from Monkeybox) who did a show last weekend and had less than ideal sales. She also was up against the direct sales vendors like you and I cannot for the life of me figure out why someone would rather pay for overpriced jewelry than pretty handmade items like yours and hers! I said it over on her blog and I'll say it again here--so very many people just do not 'get it' when it comes to the appeal of vintage and handmade items! I think your icicles are beautiful and I would far rather shop for one of a kind things like those than the same old stuff that everyone else has. So boo on the folks that don't 'get it' and don't judge your talent by their lack of taste! :)

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

I sold crafts for years and so glad I do not any more .I may start to sell on Ebay or etsys But it is at home .I make so many cratfs and need to do something with them. HPS Laura

Faye said...

Your vintage ornaments are so pretty. I don't get it either...your icicle ornaments are so nice. I have tried that once, selling at a craft bazaar, and will never do it again.

pinkkandy said...

Happy Pink Saturday!! Being thankful for the wonderful things God has done in my life...I have lived days without Him and I have lived days with Him...I, by far prefer the later...It is so nice to see the daily normalness of our lives....