Thursday, June 17, 2010

Alice Went Hippity Hop In (My) Wonderland

Yes, yes she did. Right into my shopping basket.


I love looking for old books. Kind of like how the hunter seeks out his prey, I spy for antique books. I guess you could say it is my kind of Wonderland!

And when I find them I clutch them as closely as possible as though I've just found an ancient treasure map. That's what I did when I saw this old Alice in Wonderland book. I'm guessing it is from somewhere between 1910 - 1920's.

So that makes this one is pretty darn old, showing some wear...


But some of the color plates inside are FABULOUS! (Illustrated by John Tenniel) The things a crafter could make with them are just too many to mention. I was tempted to cut them out of the book to frame and place in Dear Bebe's room in a few years.


I just couldn't do it.

So now it is available in the Bella Rosa Shop , just for you!

Hippity hop, hippity hop.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh!!! I like this one!
Hugs, Lisa

Ms.Daisy said...

Love that idea of framing the pictures for a child's room! Great find!


Love,
Ms.Daisy Mau