Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Let's Talk Vintage #77: Movin' In


 
Hello and welcome to "Let's Talk Vintage!"
We're glad you're here!
 
You are welcome to link up with our
fun party if you have a blog post about
something vintage or something vintage you sell!
You can just stop by to read, too.
 
 
This week I'm working on setting up my
new shop... moved some things in yesterday.
 
My hubby worked on a check-out counter
on Saturday... it is really neat. An old
piece that looked like it was a bar in
someone's basement. When we found the
bead board beauty it was covered in
layers of dirt or what looked like dried beer!
Ugh!
And it also had some lovely green kitchen
tile as the top! Now it is clean and painted
white again with a chalk board top.
 
It has been redeemed!
A really cool transformation.
 
Soon I'll show how I transformed this table!
I love it so much now that I don't want to
sell it... but that is the point of
having a shop, right?
 
 
We're pretty excited about getting
more things into the shop and all
set up. This is a piece my friend Kathy
will be bringing to the shop.
I can't wait to see it all finished.
 
 
It has been very interesting
to see how I've gone from only
selling vintage to actually working
on painting furniture and other
pieces! I feel like I am getting
in touch with my artistic side!

The hubs enjoys helping me, too.
 
I'll have more photos in the coming
weeks... but for now I'm going
to go right to the features.
Stay tuned!
 
**********
 
Now for this week's features:
 
 
Kicking it off is Cecilia of
She shared a few ways to
repurpose stuff for the garden!
 
 
Next up is Diana of
Love her repurposed vintage
crate, she never disappoints!
 
 
and My Sweet Cottage shared about her
day with the daffodils in Skagit Valley, WA.
 Great photos and neat info on some 
of the most prolific bulb farms in the U.S.
 
After sharing these features I realized
I chose posts that were mostly about
gardens, flowers, and farming!
The perfect theme for spring!
 
(And speaking of spring,
thank you all so much for
your kind comments about
my LuRay dinnerware.
So sweet!)
 
 
If you were featured... be sure to grab
this LTV Feature button and place
in your post or on your blog side bar!


 
Now it's your turn:

 



Linking With:

13 comments:

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jill, this is so exciting to see your new shop as it unfolds. I'm happy for you in that your hubby is enjoying helping - that makes a HUGE difference in the process. Thanks for hosting us, I had an exciting week at our Blenko glass factory, and actually got to make something with the glassblowers!
Rita

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Jillian thank you for Lets Talk Vintage 77. Looking forward to seeing more of your new shop as you and your husband create it. Congratulations.
Joy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jillian,
Congrats on having your own Brick and Mortar Store!! Did you tell us where it is located or did I miss that?
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Diana said...

Thanks for the lovely feature, Jill and for hosting :)

Pat @ bringingfrenchcountryhome said...

Jillian! What a thrill to have your own shop. It always helps to have a Hubby Assistant. Have fun with it and best wishes for a huge success.

My thrift store addiction said...

Best wishes on your shop Jill! Thank you for the feature and for the party! Blessings, Cecilia

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

You just keep growing and growing. Glad you're having so much fun. And can't wait to see that check-out counter!

Heidi | Mysweetcottage.com said...

Jill, thanks for featuring my day in the daffodil fields! And thanks for hosting. So exciting about your new shop. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your vintage pieces here in the future.

Curtains in My Tree said...


How very exciting to open your own shop.

When I was younger that was my dream because I already had a semi truck load in my house I could sell of antiques.

Can;t wait to see more of the shop

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

How fun to be able to buy the bigger pieces to sell or for display. Can't wait to see the inside and how it all comes together.

Deanies Stash said...

Jillian, so happy for you on opening your shop! I look forward to more photos!

Thank you for hosting each week.

xo Dianne

Betty said...

Best Wishes for your new shop. Thanks again for hosting the party.

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Opening your own shop is so exciting. I can't wait to see it when you are ready to open. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm! sb