Friday, February 5, 2016

Vintage Finds of the Week

Hello my fellow vintage lovin' friends! Today I'm going to do a quick review of the vintage goodies I listed this week:

 
This old jar has a great industrial look...
The label says it is from the Pennsylvania 
Water and Power Co.... from 1944.
Sodium Bi-chromate.
 
 

 
 
miniature plate in an antique shop in
a smaller town than ours. The gentleman
was an ex marine and he was happy to
tell us all kinds of old stories.
 
 
 
Collectible and fun...
love their petite size!
About half the size of the
plate above.

 
 

I decided to do a little hunting this week and was
happy to find this vintage needlepoint piece.
It is probably from an old stool but I've
seen people give them new life in a pillow.
 
 
 
This is my favorite listing of the week.
A very petite basket that someone had stored
all of her sewing and hanky needlepoint things in.
 
All of the stuff goes with it.
 

 
I seem to do pretty well with books so 
trying to list a few a week. This is a great
fairy tale style book with classics like:
 
Robinson Crusoe
Aladdin
Swiss Family Robinson
Pied Piper of Hamlin
and more!
 
 I really need to whittle down my boxes
of books because I just don't have the
space for them to be tucked away.
 
They should be enjoyed
by someone else who loves
old books as much as I do!
 
Really beautiful. The convex design of the
glass gives it a slight 3D effect.
So pretty.
 
Well, as Bugs Bunny always said...
"That's All Folks!"
 
Have a great weekend... I'll be back
for "Let's Talk Vintage" , Tuesday
morning at 9 AM.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very sweet finds! Love the bottle and the book.

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Super finds! My favorites are the bottle and the basket. Jane

Melissa said...

I love that old bottle!

Marsha said...

You found some goodies this week. Thank you for sharing the plates. I don't see things like this too often in my antique spots.