Friday, February 19, 2016

Mommy & Me Craft Time: Vintage Beads into Bracelets

Over the Valentine's Day weekend we took
a trip to the Adirondacks. It. Was. Frigid.
 
As a back up plan to going outside
to play, a friend and I entertained
our little girls by making bracelets
using a mix of old and new beads.
 
 
A Mommy and Me project if you will.
 
 
 
The kind of project that never seems to get
old. Especially when sorting through all
of our containers filled with beads from
necklaces that, over time, had broken down.
 
Now, re-made into something new!

 
My Sweetpea must think like me.
We both used one large bead 
as the focal point.
 
I love how she used
so many pastels.
 


Just two peas in a pod.
 
Or is that beads in a pod?
 
Either way...
 
Cherishing these years.
I realize they go by very fast.
 
I'm glad we had some fun
together, with friends, 
making jewelry from old beads.
 
 
and by the way, this was
me buzzin' around on the
lake with our snowmobile.
Can now scratch that off
 of my "bucket list!"
 
**********
 
Linking with:
Pink Saturday
 
 

8 comments:

Victoria said...

I've been such a bad blog visitor lately! I love your girly's little bracelet, she's so talented already...like her mama! That is one heck of an amazing bead collection you have there!!!

You are brave to get on that snowmobile, not sure I'd be game for that:) I used to ride Sea Do's years ago, when the boys were little but I doubt I could even do that anymore!

Have a lovely weekend Jillian and stay warm:)

Deanies Stash said...

Looks like you had fun and I'd say you are "two beads in a pod". Love that!

xo Dianne

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

The time really does fly. My girls and I made jewelry too. We had a lot of fun doing it. Reading your post reminded me of great days gone by. Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very pretty bracelets! I just love the double one. Your bead collection looks amazing! One of my childhood memories so clear in my mind was riding on the back of a snowmobile across a lake. Never again!!!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Hi Bella, I bead with my grans a lot, it's something that they really get into, even the boys love to create something special for themselves. Wishing you a great week. xx Jo

Jeannie Marie said...

Oh how fun to make jewelry with your daughter!! The pieces are beautiful too!

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

You have a serious collection of pretty beads! Finished results are lovely and you certainly created lots of memories while you were crafting.

Debra

My thrift store addiction said...

Oh I miss Mommy & me crafts ;) What a great job your little one did! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!