Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Let's Talk Vintage! #71: Vintage Chicks and Bunnies are Springing Up!

Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!
Feel free to link up your blog posts,
online shop items, or just simply
join us while you have your morning coffee.
You are all invited for another
fun time while we "talk" about
vintage treasures, projects, old recipes,
traditions, collections, you name it!
 

 
Today my portion is going to
be short and sweet...
I'm sharing some of my antique
postcards that have to do
with spring and Easter!
Can you tell I'm excited
about warmer weather
coming in the not so distant
future? Anyone counting down
the days, like me?
 
 
are just as cute as can be!
 
 
They just don't make 'em like
they used to! Easter postcards
from artist's best work... this one
with purple
violets and a
beautiful basket.
 
 
This trio was one of my
favorite groupings of
Easter postcards. It sold so
I will have to enjoy looking
at the photo!
 
I love the postcard on the left with
the chickie pulling the wagon! Too cute.
 
 
And I would be amiss
without sharing the postcards of
the cross, the whole reason for the
Easter season. Stay tuned for
some of my most beautiful cards in
an upcoming "Let's Talk Vintage!" post
next month.
 
*************
 
Now, here are this week's features:
 
 
found some really sweet
pieces while out thrifting.
Look how pretty this
hand painted teacup is!
 
 
and Penny of Penny's Vintage
Home shared a new vignette
in her master bathroom.
Gorgeous!
 
 
and newcomer, Debra of
some outstanding Valentine
postcards. Wonderful condition!
Thanks so much for joining
in this week!
 
 
 
 

If you were featured, please feel
 free to rick click and save this
"My Blog was Featured" graphic
 to place in your post or on your blog.
 
Thanks so much for all of your visits!
It wouldn't be a party without YOU!

Now it's your turn:
 



Linking with:
Pink Saturday

15 comments:

Bernideen said...

Dear Jillian:
We know spring will come when the bunnies appear and you sure are bringing them along. I love the old vintage postcards and cards (for many seasons) as they add "fun" to the decor!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jill, I have a major weakness for Easter postcards (all postcards really!) and a major weakness for eggs so the two go hand in hand right?
The card with the flag is really interesting, don't believe I've ever seen an Easter card with the American flag, Thanksgiving yes but Easter no. So that must be a good one! Do you have St. Pat's cards?
Debra is a wonderful blogger to see lots of fantastic antique postcards. She used to post all of the time and then stopped for a while, so glad to see her back! :)
Happy Tuesday to you, I'm off to an auction!
Gina

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Thanks for featuring my bathroom makeover...I picked up a button to put on my sidebar! Have a great week..hugs..

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jill, me again. I was looking at your Etsy shop and noticed the Nippon Pink roses milk jar. I have the saucer to go with that! I just got it at an antique shop for $4. I am interested in the jar but at a much lower price, especially since it has issues. If it doesn't sell for what you want for it and are willing to take less, then just let me know. :)
Thanks so much,
Gina

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Thank you for hosting and for featuring my vintage finds post. Those two teacup sets were my favorite finds that week. You will see one of them in my Valentine Day tea party post.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jillian,
Your vintage postcards are stunning!! Love them! Great features!! Thanks so much for hosting each week!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Diana said...

LOVE your Easter cards, Jill. I doesn't get much cuter than bunnies and chicks, does it? Thanks so much for the party :)

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Hi Jill, thank you for hosting! xx Jo

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Hi, Jill. So appreciate your warm welcome and the unexpected feature of my Valentine postcards. I'll be decorating for St. Patrick's Day soon and will return with vintage Irish themed cards.

Debra

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi Jillian, thanks for hosting! Love the vintage Easter cards!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you Jillian for Lets Talk Vintage 71. Love visiting, love joining in. Have a great week.
Joy

Deanies Stash said...

Love the vintage postcards! Thank you for the party.

xo Dianne

Stephanie said...

Oh my, your vintage postcards are just darling! It's hard to believe Easter is just around the corner!

Thank you so much for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs to you!

Diana said...

Such beautiful post cards, Jill--hard not to love bunnies and little chicks :) Thanks for linking them up at Vintage Charm!

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi Jillian, just wanted to let you know your gorgeous card collection will be featured at tomorrow's Vintage Charm party!