Monday, August 25, 2014

Sneak Peek: Vintage Summer Finds

Happy Monday!
It is back to school for my sweet Bebe...
Which means I'm back to work!
 
Here is a sneak peek at some of the treasures I've found.
 
Last week I was able to bring home the gold gilt wash
Victorian picture frame...
 
The celluloid Kewpie doll is from my "secret shop"
around the corner. She was too hard to resist. 
 
So are bunches of old lace and pink baby shoes! 
 
And I loved finding the pink farm show ribbon... 1932!!!
 
 
 
The early, turn of the century postcards are
some of my staples here in the shop. I always
try to have them available. There are
so many ways to enjoy them.
 
Scrapbooking, card making, framing...
and I've even seen some gals buy them
without any writing ... to use them as
present day greeting cards!
 
I would probably have a hard time writing
on them but, why not? My dear Grandmother
always saved her nicest things for "someday"
and most of them stayed in the box and were
never used. Don't we all do that too, though?
 
Why not use them now?
 
Today I'm working on a photo shoot...
for listings later on in the week.
 
So excited to share my summer finds with you!
 
Stay tuned....
 
Linking to the
 link party at the Writer's Reverie today!

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Ohhhh, the vintage cards are beautiful! I have several Valentine's day ones that aren't written on, I haven't brought myself to use them yet but maybe someday:) For now, they're just decorative. I just noticed you're on IG, going to follow you there:)

Victoria said...

I see your IG is private so I don't like to be a bug. If you'd like to follow me on there it's KWill1923...I know it's an ugly name but I share the acct. with my hubby! You'll probably see some stuff I bought from you on there:)

Anonymous said...

All my favorite things in one image - and in your shop! And all my disposable income going towards my fundraising for publication. Gah! This will be a dry year for thrift finds. Glad I have your eye candy at Bella Rosa!
Joy!
Kathy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The postcards are so beautiful. I know we're supposed to enjoy everything...but it would be hard to write on them. I'm off to look in the shop...again! Sweet hugs, Diane

The Old Parsonage said...

Love Love Love your finds - that ribbon is perfect! I have a few of my own.

Leann