Monday, January 27, 2014

A Skip In My Step: What a Thrifty Dresser Can Do

Last week I mentioned a newly
acquired piece of furniture that
we found at a local auction.
 
It is amazing what a little
organization can do for a girl.
 
 
Now that you see the photo of the dresser,
I have to explain a few things....
and why it looks like a
hutch, uh, sort of.
 
 
 
This photo above shows how it appeared
to me, online, while it was still at the auction.
 
It looked really white and the
nightstand that came with it looked
like an off white color.
 
 
But when we brought it home
it looked an antiquey off white/yellow
while the nightstand looks more like green!

I'll have to paint the dresser
when the weather gets warmer. 
 
 
But it is amazing how motivated I feel now!
 
I have everything I need in one place,
at my fingertips. The task of packing  up
items and getting them ready for
shipping will be easier now.
 
 
 
I have my ribbons in this neat organizer.
(Ballard Designs, I think,
 several years ago?)
 
Then I stashed the packing materials,
sharpies, tape, pens and postcards, 
all in the drawers and I just love it!



 
And it has been fun decorating the top,
the shelves, and the front.
 
Oh and by the way, the "hutch" piece
is from my old desk that was
purchased in 1996. Last summer
I spray painted the top
hoping to find some kind of
white dresser or buffet,
which we just accomplished!
 
And the price?
 Just 50 bucks!
 
Now that's the kind of deal
that can put a spring in my step!
 
But, I'm going to have to paint the
remaining desk white as well, which
is why I haven't shown it yet.

    Patience, I keep telling myself.
 It will all be done by July!
Then I can do my reveal.
 
Can't wait!
 

6 comments:

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

Oh, it looks lovely! And so organized. I'm jealous. :-)

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

I have something similar... and a shelving unit. Wouldn't be w/o them! Happy for you...

The Old Parsonage said...

Love the mix and match methodology:)
I have a few thing that I want to paint too, but need a nice warm day to lug them outside and go to town.

Stay warm...brrr!

Leann

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love your new dresser! The organization is so pretty as well as useful. I LOVE that ribbon box!

Unknown said...

I hope 2014 proves to be a good year for you and yours!

oopsiemaizie said...

it turned out so nice... it's always a great feeling to get something organized!