Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Fabulous Flea & An Unexpected Blogger Meet!


What a fun day to shop a FABULOUS flea! My friend and I decided to get up early and meet over at our local country/produce/antique fleamarket which happens every Tuesday. You can be sure I was kicking myself for not going more often this summer. This was only my second time!!!!


There are rows and rows of tables filled with all kinds of things...

where you can find a little of this...



and a little of that....


and some sweet vintage photos.... I just love her dress, hair bow, and the bouquet....

Bits of baubles and beads in old jewelry boxes...

Here is my friend ... she has a shop called Quilted Nest on Etsy and on the French Cupboard. We were having a great morning perusing up and down the rows, bartering with the vendors.



We really liked this gal's display of stuff.

Even better was her Marie Antoinette style lamp piece. I was so busy taking pics I FORGOT to ask how much it was!


Our trip to the fleamarket became a lot more fun when I asked another gal who ran this table if I could take a picture of her jewelry. It went something like this:

"Would you mind if I take a picture of your jewelry?" I asked.

"Sure!" She replied. Then she thought and as I'm snapping the picture she asked "What for?"

"For my blog. I have a blog, you know, on the internet." I said.

While the nice jewelry vender lady is repeating this outloud as though I had just said I was from Mars the woman next to me who was also looking at the jewelry said "SO DO I!"

One thing led to another and I found out her name is Beth and she has a blog and shop called Gypsy Fish, then we were taking pictures and exchanging websites, and I'm like "I FINALLY MET A BLOGGER IN PERSON!"

So here are Jill and Beth! They were from the Garden State and had driven all the way over to Central Pennsylvania for the fleamarket. If I'm not mistaken, Jill also has a shop and blog.

I had a lot of fun, I spent too much money, and I'm kind of worn out from my day. As soon as I arrived home I was back on Mommy duty. Let's hear it for Dear Hubs who watched my little Bebe while I was out rummaging through tables! Yay!

In my last post I said I would share a peek of my latest finds. The photo above and below are things I found while working in my booth, still to be photographed and listed.


I will catch up... I will! Look for these fun finds and of course my fleamarket haul (not pictured yet) soon to be available in my shop, Bella Rosa Antiques.


7 comments:

Vintage Whimsy said...

Wow. That place looks amazing. I googled & it's only 86 miles from me so I may have to drive up one Tuesday & check it out. And how cool that you met another blogger!!

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
Wow! I think I'm coming over on a Tuesday next time! lol! Great looking stuff!


Love,
Ms.Daisy Mau

Bobbie said...

What fun! I love flea markets/antique/yard sales etc. Looks like lots of goodies here... thanks for sharing.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Jillian ~
That looks like a wonderful flea market !!
What fun to meet some
blogger friends !!

xoxo
Lori

Claudia said...

Looks like so much fun - how fabulous to meet other bloggers. I've read their blogs - now you have an up-close connection.

xo
Claudia

Quiltednest said...

What a fun morning we had! You did a great job capturing the excitement of our treasure hunting. Can't wait to do it again!

Lisa said...

Great flea market and finds!! I love the good ones! How fun to meet by accident! I know you had a great time!
Hugs, lisa