Tuesday, February 28, 2017

A Very Full Plate & What's New in my VIntage & Co. Shop

Good Day!
 
We have been so so
busy here... I know, it
seems to be a trend with
many of us.
 
We just really have a full plate.
My Dad has been living with us off
and on since Thanksgiving.
 
He may be on his way
to early Dementia or Alzheimers.
 
Anyway, we are trying to maintain
our shop, family life, school, ballet etc.
 
I am wondering how I am keeping
up with it all.
 
Sigh.
 
I do give things to God
when they build up and I can't
handle them anymore.
His shoulders are big and
can carry it all...
 
Matthew 11:28 
"Come to Me, all who are weary and
heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."
 
Just wanted
 to share about it. We sometimes
try and handle the world on
our own and that doesn't always work out!
 
So let's take a peek
at what we have been
up to... you can see the
furniture makeovers on my
Vintage & Co. blog here.
 

 
A customer requested some steampunky items
for a bar area... I thought this Czech glass seltzer bottle
had a great look with this wire mesh.



I'm starting to gather softer colors in the shop for spring.
Hold on... I'll show you what's in the china cabinet that these things are sitting on:
 
 
Are you surprised? Yep, there's some LuRay in there!
Nothing says spring like vintage pastels.
 
 
 

And this pretty soft green teapot made its way to the store, too. I held back some things from late
summer treasure hunts, just for Spring.
 

There are always music themed items in the shop. Since my Sister is a music teacher I always pick them up and see if she is interested. If she doesn't want them they go to the shop. I'm not sure if I showed her these two though!
 
Thanks for stopping by... going to start
working on a French style dresser, planning
on turning it into a buffet.
 
See you soon!
 
Linking with:
 

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Would you be willing to ship the Gray music book? That is my maiden name... :)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Your spring additions are so pretty and inviting! I have been thinking Spring for my booth too even though it is just the beginning of March! We have to be ready, right?

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Man that teapot is beautiful! I love the shape and the color -- you found some real treasures. Love that old (is it a?) harmonica? So much detail on it. I was collecting teapots for awhile along with my cups and saucers but I have had to stop and only buy things that REALLY grab me (problem is -- so many grab me lol).