Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Let's Talk Vintage #90: Check Out My New Check-Out!

Welcome to "Let's Talk Vintage!"



This is where many of the junk lovin' types gather every Tuesday morning, starting at 9.

You can join in, too, if you have somethin' to share about somethin' vintage! Even if it's just items you sell. It is all welcome here. Just please leave a link back to this blog post.

This week I am sharing some of the new changes that I have begun in my brick and mortar shop, Vintage & Co.

A friend of mine texted me about a shop about 25 minutes away that was going out of business that sold scrapbook and paper crafting stuff. Well, the thing that got my attention was when she typed "THEY ARE SELLING THEIR FIXTURES."


I didn't waste much time getting over there and while they were in their third week of selling out to the bare bones, I did happen to spy the check out counter that had not sold yet.

I did some measuring....mumbled some hmmms.... and then some uh-huhhhs.... and went back to the shop and did some more measuring and some more mmmm-hmmms.

Then, after wheeling and dealing a little bit the shop owners and I agreed on a price!


And, VOILA! The new Vintage & Co. check out area!
I have a place to wrap fragile items and to put my computer on... and if I want to hide my lunch, I can do that too!


It is not glitz and glamour but I love it!


This was how small it was before, with just the one counter.
 

My other plans include painting the one wall as a focal point in aqua and add shelving and one of those fun ampersands I see in all of the stores. Can't wait!

Now Let's Take a Look at this Week's Features:

Up first is Cecilia of My Thrift Store Addiction. She scored some nifty thrifty souvenir state trays... and my favorite is of course, Pennsylvania.


Bernideen of Bernideen's Tea Time Cottage Home and Garden Blog shared her potting bench makeover and her beginning thoughts of "Time Began in a Garden."


And last but not least, is Vintage Eves post about some of her spode... her title was so clever! And the spode, well, it speaks for itself!

Thanks so much, Ladies!!!


If you've been featured today or any other time, feel free to grab the LTV graphic for your blog side bar or one of your posts! Thanks so much!

16 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!! My former blog, Debbie-Dabble was hacked through my Face Book Debbie-Dabble Page. I created a new blog, Debbie-Dabble Blog and I invite you to please follow me on my new blog.

www.debbie-dabbleblog.blogspot.com

Hugs,

Deb

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new checkout counter! It looks great! It's the first thing people see when they come into your shop and keeping it neat is always difficult when you have no room. Great find :) Thanks for the feature this week, too!

My thrift store addiction said...

Love the check out, Jillian! Thank you so much for the feature! Blessings, Cecilia

Diana said...

Your new checkout area looks fantastic, Jill! Thanks so much for the party :)

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

I love seeing your additions to your store - great counter score, easy of customers to see, somewhere to do the selling and wrapping and lots of scope for adding wall decorations. Thank you for Lets Talk Vintage 90 today. Love joining in.
Joy

Rita C at Panoply said...

Great counter, Jill! Looks great in your shop, too. Have a great week, and thank you for hosting LTV.
Rita

Melissa said...

Love your checkout! How do you like your square checkout? Does it help make monthly financials easier?

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Jillian, Wow, you check out area looks great! How exciting for you to have everything come together so well.
Thanks so much for hosting and have a great rest of your week!
Gina

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

Thank you for the party and that new counter looks fantastic. A little more room is always welcome.

Bernideen said...

Dear Jillian:
How sweet that my post was featured today! Thank you - I am honored. Hope you have a lovely week! Your counter is nice and so important! Memories! I think I told you I retired last year after having my shop "Bernideen's" for 28 years! I am LOVING retirement!

Deanies Stash said...

Love your new checkout! I think the aqua accent wall will be great. Thank you for hosting and wishing you blessings for the week.

xo Dianne

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Hi Jillian! Congrats on the new checkout - it will look fabulous in aqua. Hopefully you will share the pretty results! Thanks so much for hosting. Jane

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love the new checkout stations! I would love to work behind it! I hope your new business is taking off and everyone loves it.

Sam - Raggedy Bits said...

Jillian, your check out counter turned out so well! I love it! Thank you so much for hosting and hope you have a wonderful rest of the week :-)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jillian,
Wanted to stop by to wish you a Happy 3th! And thanks so much for taking the time to visit!!
Hugs,
Deb

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

So sad to lose your shop mate but it looks like you have filled it all in nicely with some great pieces. Love the colors you chose for all of them. Sounds like you are doing well there :-)