Friday, March 27, 2015

A Rose By Any Other Name.... My Latest Vintage Finds

 
Some of my finds this week are decidedly feminine.
 
Like the vase below.
 
 
She caught my eye right away.
 
 
 
On instagram I named her Rose.
Because any other name for a
long stemmed rose vase
would not be as sweet!
 
(If you are on there, check out my posts)
 
 
A pretty pink satin quilted glove box.
 
 

A uniquely styled Gonder Pottery Vase.
 
 

 
A beautiful, Herend,
Hungarian porcelain dish.

 
The ever popular Nancy Drew...
several volumes from the 1930's.
 
 
 
A pretty powder box with all the right
elements. Pink, aqua, and well, vintage!
 
 
 
 
And my new jewelry love...
Lariat necklaces. This one
is just stunning with its aurora
borealis crystal beads.
 
What did you find this week?
 
Linking to
How Sweet the Sound.
 
 


9 comments:

Victoria said...

Rose is so beautiful! What a great find! I don't know how you ever bring yourself to sell any of the pretties you find, I'd be hopeless and would end up keeping them all!!!

I put a blog post up of my dollhouse so stop by when you have time:) Happy Friday and have a lovely weekend!

Dana of The Stone Rabbit said...

Hi YOU!!!

I love your finds...especially the glove box and powder tin!!

Hope all is well with you and your family!! We are still trying to string several warm days together, but at least the zero degrees days are long behind us!

Hope you have a great PS!! L, Dana

bj said...

you found some great items...

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Oh that vase is just gorgeous!! I just love all of your feminine finds. My thrifting tends toward the rusty, crusty kind but I did find a wonderful black transferware sugar bowl.

Donna Wilkes said...

Why, oh, why did our grandmothers toss all those powder boxes and tins? I love the pink glove box.

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Loved to read Nancy Drew! I will be checking out your shop!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Really great finds! Rose is a beauty and I love the powder box. I read tons of Nancy Drew as a teen. What a score!
hugs,
Jann

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

That pink glove box is beautiful, and I love Rose. I would have snapped up those old Nancy Drew books too. I have some from the 60s and 70s that I had as a child.

Susan Freeman said...

Love the beautiful Herend dish and oh those wonderful old editions of Nancy Drew. What great finds!!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley