Monday, October 21, 2019

Falling for Freshly Fixed Up Furniture

Hello my friends!  Happy Fall to y'all... I have
been working diligently in my shop these past couple
of months getting it set for Fall.  It is easy with the
beautiful stone wall we have as a backdrop.
 
 
I also bring in darker colored furniture and change out lamp shades to brown and gold tones. Then for the Christmas season I bring in lighter colored furniture. Really sets a different tone when I do this.

 
My hubby found this hall table at our local auction house.
He transformed it into this beautiful piece. We are still
using Country Chic Paint which makes it easy to achieve
these beautiful results! The lower portion was painted in "Vanilla Frosting" and he used "Smoky Quartz" glaze to make it look aged.
 
 
 
Our resident artist brings in his Fall themed paintings which
add a really nice touch to our mix.

 
But before Fall officially hit and as we moved from August to September this gorgeous buffet received a complete fix-up! Some of the veneer was missing, loose, the top was in need of major TLC... it used to look like this:
 
 
 
We found this piece up in the Adirondacks...luckily we had a truck with us on this trip! Would have been a tight squeeze in the van! Yikes! We could see its potential.. and so did one of our customers. She bought it and selected her two colors from our CCP inventory.  "Pop the Bubbly" and "Piece of Cake." Lovely choices!
 
 
I totally loved this piece after it was finished!
But of course it was a custom order so we had to
say goodbye as it was delivered to its new home.
 
 
I'll be back to give some more updates on the shop...
my daughter and I are very involved with our local Nutcracker production so I am working on the show program.  My blogging skills of editing graphics and photos have come in handy creating ads for the dancers.
Bebe performs as the Nutcracker Doll this year!
 
I'll be back soon with more shop updates! 
 
 
 
 

No comments: