Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Shop Updates: Custom Orders and My Latest Paint Project

Hello friends!
I hope you are all enjoying the season of SPRING...
Soon to be SUMMER!
 
We have been super busy. It was the end of school, Bebe
performed in her end of the year Ballet Gala, and we were
busy with the shop. 
 
They say when it rains, it pours, and it did.
In custom orders, that is! We had six pieces to paint.
I'm just sharing the last two, they were gorgeous!
 
 
This was a piece a really sweet lady from NJ found in another shop. It was a consignment shop so she wanted us to give this beautiful piece and updated look. Plus, some of the scroll work was missing from the secretary desk door.
 
 
After the Hubs repaired the scrollwork using wood putty, he painted it with Country Chic Paint in "Sunday Tea."
 
 
After it was all finished... of course I just loved it and had to start filling it with beautiful things.
 
And our client really liked it as well.


But we weren't done just yet.
 

 
She also had this piece for us to paint, from the same consignment shop.
 
 
Gah! I could have sold this sweet little cabinet about ten times over! So many customers were asking about it while it was in the shop, being worked on.
 
 
She is going to use it in her bathroom for towels.
Great idea!
 
 
And now, I'm working on this vintage French Provincial desk for a girl's room. It was a mess!
There were so many old stickers on the top,
scribbling, etc. I peeled off each sticker and attacked that baby with a spray cleaner.
Even though it was looking 100 times better, I still decided to paint the top.
 


What do you think?

I wanted it to be elegant looking in a Princess kind of way, without over doing it. I mixed Country Chic Paint in "Vintage Cupcake" with their "Vanilla Frosting" to achieve the light pink. I used gold metallic cream to highlight the hardware and around the desk. Then just a small addition of "Vanilla Frosting" on the edges.

So far I think I'm on the right track. I'm thinking minimal distressing, if any on this piece. Instead of a wax I may use the CCP "Clear Coat"  with "Tough Coat" on the top.

Thanks so much for stopping by and catching up with us!

Enjoy the day!


 

4 comments:

Victorian1885 said...

Beautiful pieces Jillian...great work! Have a great summer ahead...

Kim said...

The first piece is stunning, isn't it. It looks so beautiful with a lick or two of paint. You have performed miracles with all of these pretties. The "princess" desk is just perfect. Excellent choice of colour!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Amazing how the paint totally changed those pieces from blah to beautiful! Wow, great job by your husband on the scrollwork.

maddox pax said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.