Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Let's Talk Vintage #20: Finding Treasures in My Vintage Stash

 
Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!
This is the twentieth week
for this fun vintage lovin',
 blog get together.
 
I've been having a blast seeing
what everyone brings
to the party each week.
 
This week I'm sharing how I did not
go out to find vintage goodies,
but just looked through my vintage stash.
 
 
 
 
Can you believe this awesome frame
was laying around hoping I would
notice it and all of its greatness?
 
Can't tell you how many times I
overlooked it here in my office.
I added the antique postcard
and VOILA! I had art.
 
And not just art, but a new
TREASURE.
 
 
 
And although a little shabby this vintage
aqua tin picnic basket also sits
in my office, waiting for me to notice it.
 
This week I finally did.
 

 
This is an Argus C3 camera... also noted for its use
in the Harry Potter movie by the Collin Creevey
character.
 
And yep, it was found, right here
in a box, in my office!
 
 
 
And last but not least,
this treasure has been waiting
for the hubs and I to re-frame it.
Gorgeous, no?
 
 When we took it
out of the frame there was an old
Boston Herald newspaper behind
it from the 1870's. So of course,
I am super curious to know
who the artist was. Initials
 are E.C.B. Mysterious!
 
We are almost done re-framing.
While working on it, the hubs
accidently broke the original, old,
antique bubbled glass.

I'm not upset. Too much.
 
No, seriously, I think we can find new
"old" glass at a place nearby.
 
When it is finished it is going
to find a prominent
place in my office.
How could I not with the
beautiful "Bella" roses?
________________________
 
Now on to this week's features:
 
 
Check out this awesome
screen turned into wall art
 
 
 
shared her finds from the Waterloo
Brocante in Belgium.
Be still my heart.
 
 
and
Did someone say Pink?
 


and Tea shared this desk
she painted using
Annie Sloan chalk paint.
Now it's ready for her "Little Miss M!"
 
 
Now it's your turn!
Let's Talk Vintage:





Also linking with:
Vintage Inspiration Party at My Salvaged Treasures
and What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants.

9 comments:

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Thanx so much for featuring my wall art! Love your party! Hugs Jo

Diana said...

Thanks for hosting, Jillian. Love all your office "finds." The post card looks great in your "new" frame!

Faye said...

Thanks Jillian, I linked up. I'm sorry I didn't see your party sooner...I've had myself so buried in painting and fixing up this house! I'll try to link up often.

Anonymous said...

Thanks you so very much for the feature! Little Miss M is certainly enjoying her pink desk. Thanks for hosting and I hope to link up next week with some great vintage finds!

Deanies Stash said...

You found some great hidden treasures that you already owned! I have been finding a few in my garage that I had forgotten about. Those are the best surprises! Thank you for hosting this fun party.

Donna Wilkes said...

First time here. I have linked up some of my vintage stuff and I am thoroughly enjoying the other links. Now a follower and signed up for email alerts. Thanks so much!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I need to go through my hidden stash too! You have some real treasures and I hope they'll stay out for everyone to enjoy. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Inspiration Party.

Unknown said...

Thanks for featuring my finds from Waterloo! You have some great treasures yourself.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks Jillian for Lets Talk Vintage 20. Hope you find some more hidden treasures around your home.
Joy