Friday, March 6, 2009

Antiquing: A Common Interest

(Thank you, this has SOLD!)

This blog is mostly about my latest finds for the website, Bella Rosa Antiques. Sometimes I post about the actual items themselves with a bit of history. Today's post is more about the story behind me and my Dear Hubby.


We have some things in common, which really helps our relationship. And you may be surprised to know we met online! I had listed my bio on "Love at AOL" and said I was looking for a man who enjoyed antiquing. I didn't think I would have too many replies on that request....but the one that did was a keeper! I guess the rest is history, as they say.

So our love for vintage things keeps us busy. While we may have different things we are interested in, we can both enjoy going out and hunting down old stuff. We go to antique stores, co-ops, auctions, estate sales, moving sales, and yard sales. I still think the best way to get the really good stuff is at an auction. I've seen some of the most beautiful and unique items sold this way.


My hubby likes vintage toys. I like old books, porcelain items or glassware. There are other random items that will catch my eye as well. Art, ephemera, and vintage fashions (clothes, hats, shoes, handbags!)



We haven't been to an auction lately and I'm getting the urge to go to one. But it also looks like spring is coming soon too...it will be great to go to local sales as well. I love the estate sales or moving sales. But this year we have a new addition to the family...our Dear Bebe...it will be interesting to see if she joins us in our love for antiquing as she gets older.

For now, we'll bring her along in her stroller and hope for the best!

4 comments:

Luisa said...

Una bella passione andare alla ricerca di pezzi d'antiquariato.
Spero che il tuo baby abbia al vostra stessa passione.
A presto Luisa.

Niesz Vintage Home said...

aaawwww...an online love story. :)
Hubby tolerates antiquing with me by hunting for vintage fishing lures. LOL
I'm itching for a good auction or estate sale.

Kimberly :)

Natasha said...

I love that spring brings exciting new finds and hopefull sales!!

The book you pictured looks fabulous!

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Loved reading this post! My husband doesnt love antiqueing as much as I do but he will drive me to sales and auctions and haul the antiques around for me so that must be love!!
Alicia