Monday, May 7, 2018

Updates on Our Vintage Shop and Furniture Repurpose Projects!

Hello friends!
Spring is in full bloom here in the North East
and we have had some GORGEOUS days!
 
Nice weather makes it much easier to work on
furniture projects and the Hubs and I have been
getting a few new pieces in the shop.
 

Since we are Country Chic Paint retailers we have an ample supply on hand at all times, which is a great benefit!
 
I finally ordered some CCP aprons and have my extra apron on one of our dress forms. Why not use it as advertising, right? And "she" looks so cute!
 
'
 
I worked on this small desk (or vanity) and in this picture I hadn't had a chance to distress or wax it. I ended up giving it a moderately distressed look and added the Country Chic Paint wax in gray. The tinted wax gives it a
textured look and it was beautiful! I hightlighted the hardware with silver metallic cream (also by Country Chic Paint) and I was happy with the results. The next day was our Spring open house and we ended up with two gals wanting the piece at the same time. A little tricky for us as shop owners to handle, but in the end we navigated it well. It ended up going home that day with a happy buyer! So needless to say, it all happened so fast I didn't get a final picture of it.
 
 
This table has a cool feature.... flip the top up and over toward the back and PRESTO, you have much more tabletop space. This just sold this past weekThe weather is giving people fresh motivation for "spring cleaning" and decorating, I think! Why start guessing? I'll just have to keep painting!

 
The Hubby worked on this piece. It is very big and long... with 12 drawers for storage! I love the look of the French provincial pieces.



Here is one of my "Up-cycle" projects. We had an antique wooden ironing board that I was planning to make a "LAUNDRY" sign out of. At the last minute I decided to make it a laundry room cleaning caddy, that hangs on the wall. I found the baskets at one of our local wholesale malls and they fit perfectly! (The small white laundry sign was just being displayed there, it wasn't part of the completed project.) Anyway, I was happy with it and it also sold.

Now that Spring is here we are able to find more vintage goodies at decent prices (as compared to auctions) so  I'll be posting our latest finds in my next blog post.

For now I'll leave you with some of my favorite "Farmhouse" finds that are made to look old.

 
I see these awesome galvanized file folder bins and I
envision them in my office. They still might end up in there!


Most people like this saying because someone said it to them or they say it to their children.
It is just too darn cute. It sold so I'll have to find another.
 
 
This piece is SO COOL! It was expensive for me to purchase wholesale but the right buyer came along and it has sold.
It would have looked great in my craft space...


And last but certainly not least, I was looking for these tobacco baskets for the longest time and I finally found some! That and the cotton wreath.
 
Well, I have several custom orders coming up this week so I have to keep this short and sweet.
 
I will TRY to remember to take pictures of the "BEFORE and AFTER" so I can show and our projects better.
 
Thanks so much for staying in touch and for reading my blog posts! Like I said before, I miss my little 'ol blog and the friends I have made here.
 
Enjoy your day! 
 

1 comment:

rush said...

So many beautiful things!