Monday, December 4, 2017

Our Kick-Off to the Christmas Season: The Nutcracker

We have been very busy with performances
of the Nutcracker!
 
A beautiful ballet that so many people love,
including us.
 
 
This is a photo from the "Snow" scene in the first act.
For being a group of ballerinas, from all over the county
I am amazed by what they accomplish! They
rehearse every Saturday afternoon starting at the end of August.
My very own Sweet Bebe performed two parts.
(The laundry baskets are brought in to help keep all of their things organized in the dressing rooms.)

 
Here she is as a "Party Girl".
I put this photo on my Facebook
page and so many of my friends and
family thought I had done her hair.
It is a hair piece we match to the
ballerinas natural hair color.
It does look amazing!
 
 
This is what ballerinas do while they
wait to have their picture taken.
 
 
This year I helped get the word out by organizing
media outlets to either write stories or come out with a TV crew for videotaping. My old "promotion producer" skills come in handy!
 
 
So does my love of making gift baskets!  They need donations to sell during the shows, for a local fundraiser. This may be my third year making them... time flies so fast now!
 
I include teacups, Pirouline wafers, cappuccino mix, ornaments, Nutcracker dolls, Nutcracker ornaments, tea, candles, etc. This year the larger basket contained a wooden doll made in U.S.S.R. which helps to date it.
 
 
And of course my shop keeps me busy, always working on projects and displays in the store. Since my last post we have had a Fall Open House and a Christmas Open House.
And we started carrying a new paint line, Country Chic Paint! More on that later!
 
 
photo credit vyballet.com
 
Now that we have the Nutcracker behind us, I will be focusing on the holidays and helping folks find the right home décor item or Christmas gift.
 
What keeps you busy during the holiday season?

2 comments:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I cannot believe how grown up she is! And yes, that hairpiece is beautiful as was her dress and the little gal in it! The gift baskets look beautiful as well - so many lovely things inside. I'm actually FINISHED with everything already. All gifts bought, wrapped and in the mail. Sadly, none of our kids will be home this year so I'm not baking which usually takes a lot of time so with that off my 'plate', not much left to do. We will probably get our tree sometime this week. Have a wonderful Christmas!

https://www.vintagesouthernpicks.com said...

Such a beautiful hairpiece! And a beautiful dress too! I see what the little dancers are doing while waiting for their moment to shine...those beads look like fun to put together!
Love the gift baskets! You put those together? They look very professional and festive. I love gift & food baskets so much we bought one from Harry and David this year.
Good luck on your booth sales now that Nutcracker is over~
Have a happy Christmas too~