Friday, September 22, 2017

Vintage & Co.: A Mid-Century Before & After

Well hello blog world! I am back well, not back but posting less frequently. Between all of life's craziness, I still enjoy blogging! We are in full swing here between our brick & mortar shop Vintage & Co., my Dad living with us, a birthday party to plan this weekend, and my online shops! But, it is all good. We are certainly not bored.




And I was not bored when I decided to makeover this mid-century dresser. Let's just admit it. Total drab!



I decided to go with an aqua chalk paint color. LOVE!

Instead of displaying it as a bedroom piece, I have it in our "vintage kitchen" area because well, aqua and retro vintage just seem to go together!


I gave the handles a gold leaf treatment. They really pop nicely now against the dresser.


Another fun mid-century piece we found is this hand crafted "entertainment" center. It looks really cool in the shop, too with our other retro style stuff!

Other projects on the horizon... a vanity that needs a total revamp, table runners, painted mirrors, and a night stand.

Thanks so much for checking out my mid-century makeover... I'm off to stuff favor boxes and I can't wait to show you all of the things I worked on for Bebe's birthday party! The theme is "Sundaes in Paris." Ooh la la!

6 comments:

rush said...

I love the first globe, and the second isn't too bad either! Out of curiosity, I was wondering how much they are. Would you consider shipping to 28470? This is a long shot that I may not be able to afford, but I can certainly ask.

The MCM furniture is gorgeous. You made a wonderful choice in refinishing the one piece and painting it turquoise.

Thank you. Fonda

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Wow - lots of really fun stuff! I really love the color you chose for the dresser. Those gold frosted drinking glasses are beautiful -- love those things from the 50's! Sounds like you have enough to keep you busy with the store and birthday party!! Looking forward to seeing the Sundaes in Paris pictures -- what a fun, clever theme!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I always love a makeover that involves the color aqua!! Looks great. I love retro too and how fun to incorporate it into your shop. The party sounds fun too!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hi! Thank you for the interest in the globe! I will see how much shipping would be.... Thanks for asking!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Thanks Ann Marie! I'll definitely be back with pics of the party!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Thank you, Lauren! So sweet...you and I have much in common... The thrill of creative stiff!