Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Let's Talk Vintage #97: A Funny Story From the Shop & A Few New Pieces

Welcome to "Let's Talk Vintage!"
 
 
This week I'm sharing some of the "new" items
we worked on and some of the
things we found to sell in the shop.
 
 
This vintage, bamboo desk is my favorite piece this week.
Maybe it's because I love the coral so much.
I think it will brighten up any room it is in...
but would love to see it in a bedroom,
sun room, or perhaps a kitchenette!
Where would you use it?
 
While you are pondering this ... I have a
funny story to tell you about the "RELAX"
word sign you see in the photo above.
 
A few weeks to a month ago I re-arranged
the shop and was happy with my results.
 
Photo courtesy of Primitives by Kathy
 
I used a few of my "word sitters" like the
one above, on a bookshelf,
and was pleased with how it looked.
 
A few days later I noticed one of the words
was missing. Hmmph, I thought. I don't
remember selling one of them. I'll ask the hubs.
Nope, he didn't sell any when he worked.
Now I was really starting to wonder if someone
stole it from the shop. You never know, so yep,
I was going there! I looked in our sales book
and in the sales reports on the computer.
No "RELAX" sign was sold. Hmmph I
thought. Maybe I forgot to ring it up and it went
into a bag without paying for it. Well, then that
is my own mistake and glad someone got a
good treasure that day!
 
Totally moved on and put it behind me.
This past weekend my hubby worked the shop
so Bebe and I could go to her Nutcracker audition.
 
He sent me a photo of the coral table with the
"RELAX" word sitting on it. The one that
was missing was a pretty beachy
aqua color. But somehow, this
other new one matched the table.
 
So I said.... where did you find another
"RELAX" word sitter? (Texting, of course.)
 
He tells me it IS the missing word sitter 
and that he "found it" outside the back door.
He had used it to prop the door open
while he brought a piece of furniture
inside that he worked on. Then he says
 
"It kind of got ruined from being out
there so long that I painted it with
your coral chalk paint."
 
I'm like.... "WHAT????????"
Oh my word!!!!! I can't believe it.
I tell him the color looks weird now,
blah blah blah. So, it was moved
to another white table in the shop.
 
A few hours later I receive a text.
It SOLD.
 
Always the way, isn't it?
 I can't make this stuff up!
 
(And BTW, Bebe won the roles
of a mouse and a polichenelle! Yay!)

 
This antique Royal Typewriter made
it into the shop this week. Love
the industrial style of the early 1930's!
 

 (I use the "water mark" from my other shop's blog as it saves me a ton of time, which
is limited! Thank you for understanding!)
 
And this big 'ol steamer type trunk was
a fun find ... oh the stories it could tell
of travels taken! The hubby varnished
it and the color of the wood really
pops now!
 
Thanks so much for checking in with me
and my shop updates... time is very
hard to come by anymore so I do
appreciate your visits and link ups...
because I know you all must be
busy as a beaver too!
 
 
Let's see what you've been up to.
 
Here are this week's features:
 
 
Joyce over at the Quilted Nest
shared her kitchen reveal.
Love her vintage farmhouse, yet
new, style!
 
 
and Diane at Deanie's Stash
shared her junkin' treasures
with us ... because we all know
how much we love a good 'ol treasure!
 
(photo courtesy of Records and Vintage)
 
and Vintage Eve's shared the back-story
of Mid-Century Modern. Great post. 
Totally cool! Thanks so much for
linking up!
 
 
If your blog was featured, feel free to grab
this "My Blog Was Featured" button
for your side bar or in your post.
Thanks so much for helping to
promote the LTV linky party.
 
 
 

9 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jillian,
Thanks so much for hosting! Have a great week!
Hugs,
Deb

The French Hutch said...

A cute entertaining story! Sounds like something we would do. Thanks for hosting..........

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Sweet story today. Thanks for Lets Talk Vintage, appreciated.
Joy

Deanies Stash said...

Jillian, I loved the story about "relax". You are getting so many wonderful items in your store! I wish I was close. Thank you for taking the time to host. It is greatly appreciated.

xo Dianne

Deanies Stash said...

Jillian, I forgot to thank you for the feature of my junk treasures! It is always an honor.

Have a great week!

xo Dianne

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

that's too funny (on the relax sign)... I saw it in the coral pink and tho't hmm... not sure if I like that or not - just as you were prob. thinking. And to hear it sold! Oh that's funny! You're right - can't make this stuff up. He painted it? and didn't tell you? oh my :) thank you thank you for the feature. I'll pop it up on FB prob. tomorrow!

Curtains in My Tree said...

We never know what will sell do we?

thanks for the party

Jocelyne said...

What a fun a party! I hope it's okay that I'm showing up a bit late...

Audrey said...

Always so happy to see your party. Thanks for hosting.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures