Monday, October 24, 2011

And it only cost me a dollar!

Last week when I went to pick up Bebe from school, I found out the teacher was planning a "Community Day" for this week. The kids were to come to school dressed as a community helper.

Well, all we had at home were three costumes. Princess, a cheerleader, or a ladybug. I try not to push the princess idea too much and I definitely didn't want to push the idea that princesses were community helpers but I suppose they could be. Afterall, Glenda the Goodwitch was pretty darn helpful in Munchkin Land!

Anyway, I came up with a nurse's costume because we already had the basic whites in everything: White shirt, white tights, shoes, and shorts. The only thing I needed was the apron and hat.

I found all of the supplies in my fabric box except for the plain white headband. I just happened to find a princess tiara in the dollar bin at Joann Fabrics this past weekend.

A few quick zips through the sewing machine and the apron was done. I glued the red cross on to save myself time... and I used card stock inside the "hat" to keep it from flopping down.

It all looked great! The bad thing? Bebe's preschool teacher thought it was so cute she wants to call on me in the future for more costumes because I am "so talented!" Oh noooooooooo.

6 comments:

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

I was thinking too how talented you are. There seems to be no end to your abilities... sewing? Who knew. Way to go!

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
Well...you are talented and you whipped this outfit up for $1!! No wonder Bebe's teacher wants to "hire" you! LOL!



Love,
Ms.Daisymau

Anonymous said...

Shining bright! I'm sure she was a doll - and you'll be making many more costumes before she graduates!

Joy!
Kathy

Diane said...

That is adorable, Jill!! I love it! You are very talented indeed! Now I want to see a picture with your sweet girl wearing it. :)

MJ said...

If there's any solace, as you'll be zipping up the preschooler costumes, I'll be teaching tone-challenged (male) teens how to sing on key and in tune! LOL!

I can't believe that Bebe is already in preschool! Wow!

Aunt Karen said...

I am not just LOL!!! I am ROTFL!!!
You are SO talented!!! I want to see a picture of our little Candy Striper! ;)
Love ya!
K