Friday, February 17, 2012

Delicious Pops of Pink: A Guest Blog Post

Today we are going to hear from a guest blogger, with some lovely eye candy and interesting links for you to enjoy. If you are into interior design, this will be of interest to you. Or, if you're like me and just love pops of pink here and there, you'll find it a feast for the eye! Enjoy!
-Jillian


Hi, it's Mari, a writer for Design Shuffle, a fabulous social media site for interior designers and design enthusiasts. I love being able to spend my days discovering beautiful interior designs from around the world and sharing them on blogs like Bella Rosa Antiques. Today's guest post is about one of my favorite topics—the color pink. Delicious pops of pink come in many shades, from the palest of pale to brilliant deep hues. If you love pink, but you don't want a room filled to overflowing with it, consider using just a pop or two (or more) to bring just about any space to life. Enjoy! Pops of Pink What better place to begin a search for delicious pops of pink than in a vintage kitchen. Here mid-tone pink walls cast a rosy glow. It looks like the perfect space to spend some quality time topping yummy cupcakes with mounds of strawberry or cherry frosting. Pops of Pink A Swedish style entry hall is made even more appealing by pops of pink on a tiny wall sconce. Pretty pink pumps rest where they were kicked off atop the pale hues of an antique rug. Pops of Pink Okay, so this is more of a swath than a pop of pink, but is it not a deliciously vibrant pink? This foyer is a cheerful welcoming space. Pops of Pink Nothing says feminine more than a vintage hatbox, make that a pink vintage hatbox and you have a feminine and delicious pop of pink. Here you see vintage hatboxes in many shades of glossy pink. Wouldn't they be lovely in a girly bedroom design? Pops of Pink Perhaps the ultimate pop of pink is an iconic egg chair sitting pretty in a decidedly traditional space. It was love at first sight. Pops of Pink What a lovely pop of pink this retro refrigerator is. It look stunning beside the pale vintage stove. Would you include this adorable color in your kitchen design ideas? Pops of Pink As we head outside through the perfect pink door, one last delicious pop of pink is left behind on a chalky pink chair with white paint-dipped legs Pops of Pink

Decorating ideas for pink can often be found in outdoor spaces. Well, even I must admit these showy blooms form masses, not pops of brilliant color, but I couldn't resist this amazing yard--a rather stunning example of the magic of delicious pops of pink gone wild.

Images 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Want even more colorful inspiration? Design Shuffle is full of interior design styles! Check out the portfolios of San Francisco interior designers and beyond!

7 comments:

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Oh, such gorgeous eye candy. I think my favorite was the room with the pink wall, so pretty.
Daphne

thistlewoodfarm said...

I love it all.....but that pink refrigerator takes the cake :)

Thanks for the inspiration.

blessings,
karianne

MJ said...

I love pink but I can't use a lot of colour or my dh would complain. I have to learn to hide it better & just bring in pops of pink!! Thanks for the tips!

Denise said...

Thank you for visiting and your lovely comments.Loved your pink photos.My fave would be #1.It reminded Me of My Italian Grandma and her kitchens.

Fun With This and That said...

If you have not been invited to yet e-mail me I will . the flowers are wonderfulLaura

Chris said...

Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Maison Mutt said...

Oh that pink fridge is in my future I can just feel it! HPS!
Wags, Niki